Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Last Friday (July 18th) was my birthday. Normally I wouldn't announce that to the world, but I just wanted to thank my friends and family for making it a great day (I just won't mention how many candles were on my cake). I received some beautiful flowers from a friend and a co-worker, received phone calls, emails, and ecards wishing me a happy birthday, went to lunch with my parents, went to dinner at Le Nonne--one of my favorite restaurants--with Daela and Alayna, and then to see Mama Mia that night.


The next day Daela, Alayna, and I headed to Bear Lake for a fun day of swimming and sun. I LOVE Bear Lake! It pretty much has been the tradition for most of my birthdays to spend it there. The water is so beautiful, and it was so refreshing to swim in! It was the perfect day. We even avoided getting completely sunburned--just burned in the spots that we missed with the sunscreen. Nothing like having red stripes and splotches.

Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks, everyone, for making it a great day!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Late!! It sounds like you had a great day. That is how birthday's should be. Doing what you love the most. Mine is in July too. It is a great month!

xpuhala said...

Thanks for letting me share your birthday with you. It was a total blast! And, you are just such an wonderful person that we should have more than just one day a year to celebrate you!

Lisa said...

belated birtday! Have fun in Phoenix. REMEMBER bring your sunscreen. It is more hotter in Phoenix than in Logan.

Ginger said...

Oh how I wish I could have gone to Bear Lake with you, we have so many great memories there! well happy birthday, and why would you be ashamed of letting people know you finally turned 21?

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

We would have sang you a very obnoxious rendition of happy Birthday had we known. i hope you have a great year!